Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Leadership and Management for Women in Business
Leaders are people who can change the thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors of the people around them. Successful organizations must have leaders who take them in the right direction. While not all leaders are managers or even occupy positions of authority, managers are often leaders for the employees who report to them. While companies with more women in leadership positions tend to see benefits to their bottom line, gender stereotypes and biases can make it difficult for women to become recognized as leaders and to advance into managerial or executive positions at work. This course reviews various qualities of leaders and styles of leadership and management. It also reviews common managerial challenges and introduces techniques, strategies, and best practices to overcome those obstacles.
- Identify common leadership bases, skills, and qualities
- Describe the major theories of leadership
- Discuss types of leadership and their advantages and disadvantages
- Differentiate between leadership, management, and administration
- Recognize the role of leadership in setting the ethical tone for an organization
- Describe how managers must effectively lead people—subordinates, peers, and superiors—to achieve goals
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence in management
- Identify common challenges for women who are in, or looking to be in, positions of management
- Understand common challenges for new managers and strategies for handling them
- Engage in common managerial tasks like delegating, motivating, coaching, delivering feedback, navigating conflict, and disciplining poor behavior
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom