Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Creative Writing: Memoir
Do you have a story to tell? Most of us do—correction, we all do. Every one of us, by virtue of being human, has experiences and insights that are worth retelling. But how can we tell those stories in a way that other people will want to read them and learn from them? Memoir is the art of taking scenes from our past and presenting them to an audience, not simply for the sake of telling a story but to inform, entertain, and establish an emotional bond with our readers. By exploring memories and examining our lives, we also learn a lot about ourselves.
- Explain the difference between memoir and autobiography
- Identify different narrative structures that allow for effective storytelling
- Choose incidents from your past that present a coherent and compelling story
- Develop an outline for your memoir
- Discuss the use of novelistic techniques to engage readers
- Distinguish between scene, summary, and reflection
- Edit and rewrite your work to eliminate weaknesses
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom