Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Leading the Courtney Museum Simulation
Whether you have years of experience in the nonprofit sector, or you're considering a possible career shift, this simulation is designed to challenge and engage participants while exploring key real-world leadership issues confronted by nonprofit managers. The learner assumes the role of executive director of the troubled Courtney Museum, and deals with a series of personnel, marketing, financial, and board and community relations issues. As the learner makes tough decisions, an adaptive scoreboard reflects the impact of those choices on the museum's prospects. Video commentary from experienced nonprofit leaders provides qualitative context and explores the consequences of choosing different paths for reviving the museum.
- Practice taking charge as a new leader
- Balance competing interests, such as board wishes, community desires, and financial needs
- Understand the board-director relationship and board governance issues
- Deal with controversial decisions and the potential for negative publicity
- Analyze financial data and use that information to make educated decisions
- Examine different market segments and assess their attractiveness
- Compare and contrast marketing proposals and determining their strengths and weaknesses
- Find compromises that meet short and long-term financial objectives
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom