Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Social Media Marketing
Using social media in marketing is practically a requirement in today’s highly connected digital world. But it can be confusing and complex to dive into social media marketing without some foundation in the basics. This course focuses on teaching the principles, best practices, and strategies for incorporating social media into a marketing plan. The first module teaches the various ways that social media can be used for marketing, including defining a clear brand voice, improving reputation, and engaging with customers. The course then looks at the practical way marketers can incorporate social media activities into a focused marketing plan. Learners identify how to integrate their social media with mobile, a hub website, and email marketing. They also learn how to use strategic metrics for tracking success.
- Define social media, name several platforms, and explain the benefits and drawbacks of using each platform
- Create a content marketing plan that addresses audience, tone, relevance, frequency, and quality of content
- List the spheres of reputation according to the Harris Poll and explain how social media can be used to manage each sphere of an organization’s reputation
- Describe why and how a company should monitor social media
- Explain various strategies for engaging with audiences via social media, and the aims of each form of engagement
- Set social media marketing objectives that correlate to specific sales and growth goals
- Describe how to integrate social media with mobile, email, and a hub website, and describe the advantages of doing so
- Demonstrate the difference between organic and paid reach, and list the factors that influence reach on various social media platforms
- Explain how to reach influencers and name at least two relevant influencers in the learner’s industry
- Quantify the time and human capital that will be devoted to the learner’s social media marketing campaign based on his or her organization’s size
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom