Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Managing in a Modern Organization
If you’re a manager and have not had any management coursework or experience, you may be looking for some foundation in management basics. This course considers the fundamentals of management and how managers can be effective in organizational settings. Starting by defining the role of a manager and how management differs from leadership and administration, the course then discusses management styles and seeks to help you identify your own management style.
- Define the role of management and managers in an organization
- Distinguish between management, leadership, and administration in theory and in practice
- Explain the three general management styles (authoritarian, participative, and empowerment) and their respective uses
- Identify your views on hierarchy and management
- Understand the roles of individual contributors and managers and how they differ
- Identify your own approach toward managing (including personal effectiveness and enjoyment)
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom