Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
HR in Times of Crisis
When faced with a crisis, such as a natural disaster, terrorist attack, or pandemic disease, organizations must consider the safety and wellbeing of their employees. Learn how businesses respond before, during, and after crises and the critical role that human resource (HR) professionals play in this process. Explore both short-term and long-term responses, including management reorganizations and protocols for employees in essential and nonessential industries. This course also examines how effective communication strategies, health and wellness programs, insurance options, and government actions help businesses respond to and recover from crises.
- Distinguish between different kinds of crises and their impacts
- Summarize safety precautions taken before, during, and after crises
- Explain how crises affect workforces
- Describe effective communication strategies used during crises
- Explain management reorganizations used during crises
- Identify causes of stress and anxiety associated with crises
- Explain health and wellness programs for employees
- Describe available benefits and insurance changes
- Summarize how federal acts and government benefits impact businesses affected by crises
- Describe the role of human resources in facilitating workplace transitions
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom