Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
HR Hot Topic: Pay Equity
The Equal Pay Act was passed in 1963, yet a 2020 report by hired.com found that 63 percent of men receive higher salaries than women performing the same job. In this course, you will explore the importance of developing workplace policies that address unfair gaps in employee pay. You will learn about tools that can help inform those policies—like survey and pay audits—and best practices for their implementation. This course presents federal and state legislation on pay equity, and it provides an opportunity for you to explore your state's laws and how they impact your workplace.
- Understand the difference between equal pay and pay equity
- Identify the criteria for equivalent jobs or work of equal value
- Explain the main reasons for pay gaps
- Distinguish between controlled and uncontrolled pay gaps
- Recognize gender dominated industries
- Summarize federal and state legislature that address pay equity
- Describe the workplace grievance procedure
- Explain process and reasons for data reporting and pay audits
- Understand the connections between surveys, negotiations, and pay gaps
- Explain effects of equal pay policies
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom