Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
HR Hot Topic: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
While diversity and inclusion are popular topics in the media and for many progressive organizations, the concepts of diversity and inclusion can be slippery and elusive. What are diversity and inclusion? How are they related to each other? How do you know if your organization is diverse and practices inclusivity? What diversity and inclusion initiatives produce measurable results? In this course, you will examine the concepts of diversity and inclusion and will gain the tools necessary to support an inclusive workplace.
- Define and distinguish diversity and inclusion
- Identify and understand the federal laws created to bolster diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Explain how diversity and inclusion goes beyond compliance with the law
- Define and distinguish discrimination and prejudice
- Explain unconscious bias
- Identify different types of unconscious bias
- Describe the importance of organizational culture and its relation to diversity and inclusion
- Identify and understand different types of initiatives to foster workplace inclusion
- Explain how different metrics can be used to track and gauge the effectiveness of initiatives
- Understand the importance of progressive policies and initiatives
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom