Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Communication for Women in Business
The course will provide a general overview for effective communication at work. Learners will review tips and strategies for communicating with small and large groups, being heard in meetings, projecting confidence, and more—especially as these concepts apply to women. This course also considers communication in the context of public speaking, and discusses the importance of understanding the audience, preparing for a presentation, using visual aids appropriately, and more. Learners will be able to identify criticisms of, and biases toward, women speakers, and the course introduces strategies for how to counteract them.
- Recognize gender communication stereotypes and gendered patterns of communication in the workplace
- Identify dysfunctional patterns of communication and describe how to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate how to be heard in meetings
- Create and utilize a bragologue
- Describe the strategies for crafting and delivering effective speeches
- Recognize the importance of understanding your audience and learn how to capture your audience’s attention
- Create an effective slideshow
- Handle difficult questions in Q&A sessions
- Recognize the physical and mental symptoms of speaking anxiety and know how to counteract them
- Describe how gender bias affects women speakers and identify how women speakers may self-sabotage
- Recognize common critiques of women’s voices but explain why these criticisms are problematic
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom