Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Responsive Web Design
This course will introduce you to responsive web design (RWD) by reviewing basic principles and foundational techniques for designing websites that are viewable on all devices. While this is an introductory course, the material does require that the learner has at least a basic understanding of HTML and CSS. After completing the course, students will be able to create custom CSS layouts and use media queries to optimize websites for different screen sizes.
- Explain the concepts and principles of responsive web design
- Define the viewport and identify how to configure a site for responsive design
- Differentiate between the CSS box and border-box models
- Calculate the widths of elements on a page using the box model and border-box model
- Understand the fundamental concepts of grid-based layout systems
- Construct simple responsive layouts using CSS Flexbox
- Summarize the purpose of media queries
- Design media query syntax using breakpoints
- Discuss what is meant by mobile-first layouts in the context of responsive design
- Explain art direction and the use of the element with responsive images
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom