Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Taking the Helm at Coastal Industries Simulation
Throughout this simulation, you will play the role of the new chief executive officer of Coastal Industries, a fictional manufacturer of industrial transformers. During the simulation, you will be asked to make a series of decisions as Coastal Industries adopts sustainable management practices. These decisions will involve the company’s operations, its standing in the community, and its relations with local government and state and federal regulators. Each of your decisions will affect Coastal Industries in different ways.
- Taking charge as a new leader
- Balancing competing concerns, such as management/employee preferences, community interests, and financial needs
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative responses both internally and externally
- Analyzing financial data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Managing organizational change
- Understanding the relationship between corporate responsibility and the community
- Assessing sustainability practices and measuring their organizational and financial impacts
- Finding compromises that meet short and long-term financial objectives
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom