Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Project Management for Small Businesses
Small business management involves overseeing both small and large projects. Not all projects require extensive planning, but project management techniques can help teams of all sizes meet their goals more efficiently. This course introduces fundamental project management concepts, reviews common project pitfalls, and explains the importance of each of the five stages of the project life cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing.
- Explain why project management is important in a small business setting
- Describe the stages in the project life cycle
- Create documents to initiate a project
- Describe the problem of scope creep
- Create a project plan
- Identify the importance of performance reports and reviews
- Explore ways to facilitate communication between project participants
- Distinguish between push and pull communications
- Explain the importance of monitoring progress, risks, and changes
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom