Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Budgeting and Financial Analysis for Small Businesses
Many small business owners find creating a budget to be an intimidating process. However, creating and maintaining a budget for your business is a crucial component of success. Budgets assist in maintaining control of your business activities, and provide a road map to ensure you are spending money in the right places at the right time. Similarly, tracking performance and analyzing financial data provides insight into what is working, and what isn’t, in terms of your business. Knowing how to interpret the information found in your business’s financial statements is an important skill to develop. Financial analysis allows you to understand your business’s financial position better and can help you make better financial decisions. This course will introduce you to the budgeting process and financial analysis. In module one, you will develop your ability to prepare budgets, generate pro forma financial statements, and analyze budget variances. Module two will focus on analyzing the financial position of your business through financial ratio analysis, benchmarking, and break-even analysis.
- Understand the importance of budgeting and financial planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that budgets play in measuring performance against established goals
- Differentiate between strategic and tactical budgeting
- Analyze the master budget through variance analysis
- Prepare and analyze pro forma financial statements
- Explain the importance of the cash budget and describe how it is created
- Define financial (ratio) analysis and explain its objectives
- Identify the various categories of financial ratios typically used in small business environments
- Explain the factors and assumptions involved in break-even analysis
- Compute the break-even point and break-even revenue for a given product
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom