Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Managing Real World Projects
This course presents a streamlined approach to project management based on the best practices of experienced, effective project managers. It cuts through the clutter and focuses on the key principles of project management in the real world, offering tools and techniques for achieving project success. This course provides a clear road map for leading a project through the five key project stages: Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Executing and Closing. You'll be exposed to the basic tools employed in each of these stages, including templates for a comprehensive project plan, work breakdown schedules, task list, issue list, risk register and close-out documents. Each stage is illustrated by examples and video commentary by project management professionals, where you can see how best practices are applied to solve project challenges.
The goal in the simulation is to optimize positive scores across the following project management factors:
- Understand the five project stages (Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Executing and Closing)
- Recognize constraints for projects (scope, time, and budget)
- Explain key project management terminology
- Outline the keys to a successful project launch
- Understand how to establish project goals and deliverables with stakeholders
- Manage the planning, execution, and control of your projects
- Recognize project management best practice, including Agile, Lean, and other techniques
- Understand project team dynamics
- Understand how to communicate clearly with stakeholders and project team members
- Recognize effective tools for change management
- Explain and employ key tools and techniques employed in the five stages
- Manage the closing process for your project, including transfer, acceptance, and approval
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom