Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
CAPM® Exam Prep Course
This course is based on A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition. If seeking PMI certification, learners enrolling in this exam prep course should be planning to sit for PMI’s 6th edition exam.
This completely online and self-paced project management program builds successful project managers at all levels of the organization. It provides a comprehensive preparation for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification exam including exam-taking tips, 25 comprehensive module quizzes, and two full-length, 150-question practice exams covering the areas of interest from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), which will provide a report to help you determine your areas of weakness.
- Recognize how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed
- Explain the five stages of a project life cycle and illustrate how these stages can overlap in time
- Demonstrate how to create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant
- Explain the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes
- Illustrate how a project’s various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed
- Recognize how to effectively manage human resources and communicate with all stakeholders
- Explain the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate project activities
- Describe how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guide can be used in practice
Learners who pass this course’s final self-assessment (Practice Exam #2) with a score of 70 or higher on their first attempt, but who do not pass the PMI® CAPM® exam, will be able to take our CAPM® test prep course again for free. To be eligible, students must take the PMI® CAPM® exam within 45 days of completing this course and passing the practice exam.
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
After successful completion, you will receive 23 PDUs/contact hours to qualify to take the PMI® Certified Associate in Project Management® Exam. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second 150-question practice test.
Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute®’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom