Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Taking Better Photographs
Taking captivating and creative photographs is a challenge. While determining whether a photograph is aesthetically pleasing may be subjective, there are basic techniques for photographers to follow to assist in the photography process. This beginner’s course will provide an overview of the basics needed to successfully take photographs. Through this course, you will learn about camera basics, including equipment and settings. Additionally, the course will dive into composition, focusing, and editing to create eye-catching visuals and enhance the photography experience.
- Define photography
- List the necessary components of basic camera equipment
- Explain how to hold a camera properly
- Describe three key camera settings
- Identify basic composition techniques
- Discuss the difference between manual and autofocus
- Describe natural and artificial lighting techniques
- Determine when to take a portrait or a landscape photograph
- Identify four basic editing techniques
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom