Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Online Learning Accessibility
In developing any online learning material, federal regulations require adherence to specific accessibility standards. Students with disabilities must be given equal access to learn the content. This can be a major road block to an organization trying to develop online coursework. This course covers the basics of online learning accessibility standards and reviews best practices for accessibility.
This course was developed by the National Institute of Online Learning (NIOL), which was founded in 2012 with the goal to improve the quality and effectiveness of online learning, especially for adult learners, by promoting best practices and innovation in the field.
- Define online learning accessibility and summarize its core components
- Discuss the online learning accessibility level of your organization's learning content
- Define key terms in accessibility
- Explain WCAG and ISO accessibility standards
- Discuss federal accessibility requirements
- Outline key methods to make online learning accessible
- Discuss best practices for online learning accessibility
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom