Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
The success of any nonprofit organization can rely on the quality of its leadership. You know a good leader when you see one, but how can you become one? This course begins by examining leadership theories as well as key qualities and ethics within leadership. After establishing this foundation, the course focuses on leadership in the nonprofit sector, including the leadership shortage and possible solutions.
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Distinguish between some of the better-known leadership theories (Fieldler's contingency theory, Path-goal theory, Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory)
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Describe the leadership shortage in the nonprofit sector and discuss possible solutions to the problem
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Explain leadership issues that are especially important in the nonprofit environment
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Describe the leadership qualities that nonprofit leaders feel are important for success
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom