Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
How to Coach
Managers who lead and manage through coaching--providing encouragement, feedback, and support--are more successful in "working through others." This course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability
- Describe the five-step coaching process
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Explain the USED and GROW models for coaching
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom