Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Business Ethics in the 21st Century
Ethical decisions in business are everywhere. Organizations have learned that the costs of unethical actions can be high, both legally, and from a public relations perspective. This course introduces the major ethical frameworks in business and seeks to give learners a strong foundation in ethical business practices, whether as individuals, as a leaders, or as stewards of the organization. This course reviews how organizations can establish and encourage an ethical culture while monitoring for compliance.
- Describe the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Explain the three components of the Ethical Triangle: Individual Ethics, Leadership Ethics, and Governance and Control
- Discuss key ethical challenges in the workplace
- Describe the use of organizational ethics codes
- Outline the ethical issues involved in the employer-employee relationship including Employment at Will, due process and fairness
- Discuss the use of ethics training
- Explain how organizations monitor ethical performance
- Describe the relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ethics
- Outline issues involving corporate governance
- Explain how sustainability is an ethical concern
- Discuss ethics and the regulatory environment (Sarbanes-Oxley Act; U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Explain the issues around whistleblowing
- Describe the role of leadership in establishing an ethical culture
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom