Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
In its broadest sense, “performance management” is what every good manager does every day: makes sure employees know what they need to do to achieve the organization's goals, checks to make sure the employees are doing those things, praises employees for doing the right things, and uses constructive criticism when that is not the case. A formal performance management system simply makes sure all those management tasks get done consistently across an organization. This introductory-level course considers these varied elements of performance management. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit while mastering these important elements of human resource management.
- Explain the value of a performance management system
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different performance appraisal methods
- Conduct a performance management interview
- Describe various performance-based incentive strategies
- Apply organizational development practices alongside individual performance management
- Describe the process of Management by Objectives
- Apply methods of quality management to products and services
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom