Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
HR Ethics Series: Issues in the Workplace
Among the more important ethical obligations of organizations are those that involve the health, safety, and fair treatment of employees. Employers have a moral and ethical obligation to protect employees against discrimination, harassment, and harm. This course reviews common workplace issues and strategies for how to address them. Because human resources professionals play a crucial role in supporting employee well-being, this course pays special attention to the role of HR in preventing and resolving issues in the workplace.
- Define employee rights in the areas of employment at will (EAW), the duty of loyalty, and the duty of confidentiality
- Describe concerns surrounding job discrimination and affirmative action
- Identify issues related to health, safety, and risk in the workplace
- Recognize common signs of harassment and types of sexual harassment
- Determine strategies for confronting and eliminating sexual harassment in the workplace
- Describe the concept of civil liberties in the workplace
- Understand factors that can lead to job dissatisfaction
- List methods for helping employees achieve greater work-life balance
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom