Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
From establishing an ethics code to handling disciplinary issues, human resource managers play a key role in protecting the rights of employees by ensuring they are treated fairly, and that appropriate laws and policies are enforced. In this course, you will learn about issues relating to employee rights in the workplace. We'll consider the relationship between HR and ethics, employment laws that protect the rights of workers, and appropriate procedures for disciplining and terminating employees. The second half of the course will focus on unions and labor relations.
- Describe the HRM role in establishing and maintaining an organizations ethical standards
- Describe the elements of a progressive discipline system
- Deal appropriately with a variety of issues surrounding an employees termination
- Understand the issues of working within union and non-union environments
- Explain the procedures for certifying, decertifying, and deauthorizing unions
- Describe fair and unfair labor practices
- Discuss various methods for resolving impasses during collective bargaining
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Pinch to zoom