Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Introduction to Business Statistics
Statistics is the science of collecting, organizing, and analyzing data in order to make more effective decisions. As such, statistics is critical to a successful business. This introductory-level course is meant for non-financial managers. Understanding statistical techniques can help any manager responsible for marketing, management, accounting, sales, or other business functions. This course will also cover graphical representations of data that your stakeholders may expect when reviewing the results of any statistical analysis.
- Differentiate between descriptive and inferential statistics
- Distinguish between the four different scales of measurement: nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio
- Identify the appropriate graphical or tabular method for presenting your data
- Create frequency distributions
- Create meaningful presentations and graphs including:
- frequency polygons
- bar graphs
- pie charts
- line graphs
- Calculate probability and explain its practical application
- Compute the mode, median, and mean of a dataset
- Calculate the variance and standard deviation of a dataset
- Interpret sampling with and without replacement
- Explain the significance of the area under a curve
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom