Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
Microsoft Project Basics
This course introduces learners to Microsoft’s project management software, MS Project. Learners, particularly aspiring project managers, are provided a step-by-step tutorial on mastering basic functions that are essential for any project. MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, and track a project’s progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads. This introductory course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. Learners are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Describe what tabs are and how to navigate within them
- Create and modify a task list
- Describe auto and manual scheduling and when to use each
- Demonstrate how to use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Use task views, the timeline, and zoom slider functions
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and premade templates
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom