Credits: CEU = IACET CEUs | PDU = PMI PDUs | HRCI = HRCI Credits | SHRM = SHRM PDCs | CFRE = CFRE Credits | ACE = ACE Credits
The ability to deliver an effective presentation is critical in most job functions. This introductory-level course helps learners organize, structure, and create effective presentations that feature slides as a visual aid. Because many organizations use PowerPoint as a way of communicating information, this course offers advice and guidance on the most effective and persuasive uses of PowerPoint, including best practices on word count, graphics, and structure.
- Recognize what makes communication effective
- Understand the elements in the communications process
- Organize your communications and presentations
- Understand PowerPoint graphic rules of thumb
- Create an effective summary slide
- Describe and employ the four steps of purposeful communication in your presentations
- Understand the forecast, present, and echo structure for presentations
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations
- Understand how to organize and create PowerPoint presentations
- Revise PowerPoint slides to make them more effective
- Understand the success factors for face-to-face presentations
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
Pinch to zoom